Periodontitis (pyorrhea, trench mouth)
is a set of inflammatory diseases affecting the periodontium (the bone and other tissues that hold the teeth).
It is probably the second most common disease worldwide, after dental decay.
Pyorrhea is the cause of an attack of a bacteria upon the gums and teeth. The bacteria thrive and multiply on the deposits of food that gets accumulated within the gaps of the teeth.
Preventive techniques for pyorrhea:
“Pyorrhea is a condition characterized by Bleeding Gums”
Symptoms of Pyorrhea:
- Maintain Good oral hygiene
- Proper brushing and Flossing
- Regular teeth scaling
Dental treatments to prevent pyorrhea:
- Pus oozing from margins of teeth
- Swollen and inflamed gums
- Loosened teeth roots
- Bleeding gums
- Teeth Scaling – Thorough dental cleaning is needed in order to remove tartar and plaque from gums. Tartar is the main culprit for gums inflammation.
- Gum surgery – this surgical procedure is used to smooth or correct defects and irregularities in the bone surrounding the diseased teeth with the ultimate goal of reducing or eliminating the periodontal pockets.
- Pocket reduction periodontal surgery is carried out resulting in minimal probing depths and no bleeding on deep probing.
- Antibiotics: Bacteria are present in periodontitis so antibiotics are given in form of pills, antibiotics fiber and antibacterial mouthwash rinse.
- Routine check-ups and regular teeth cleaning – To get rid of pyorrhea and other dental issues, routine dental check-ups and teeth cleaning in the interval of 3 to 4 months is recommended by Dentists.
- Personal care at home: Effective personal care should be taken like brushing twice in a day and flossing after eating meals etc. in order to have healthy teeth.
So just follow this tips and keep your gums healthy! Contact US Dental now to get rid of pyorrhea!
We do provide Laser gum treatment
that is totally Pain free
to solve gum related issues. And that will help you to feel comfortable on Dental Chair.
Visit – www.usdental.in
Call – +91-8980623275 / +1-281-698-7351
Written by – Dr. Khusbu Modi