Top 5 Reasons to Get Your Wisdom Tooth Removed
Wisdom teeth are the last tooth which erupt in mouth.it usually comes at age of 17 to 25 years.as it comes lastly in mouth most of the problem happens due to unavailability of space.
Do I Need to Have My Wisdom Teeth Removed?
If the wisdom tooth is healthy, in proper position and function no need to remove it.
Reason to remove wisdom tooth:
1) Pain and swelling – as we mentioned that it comes last in mouth it might erupt partially. Gums cover the half tooth, so food gets stuck and leads to infection. Due to infection, you can get pain and swelling.
2) Ectopic position – most of the wisdom teeth do not erupt in proper alignment. If it positions too buccally cause repeated cheek biting. If wisdom Is not in proper alignment, it is advisable to remove it.
3) Adjacent tooth gets damaged – if the tooth is directed towards the adjacent tooth leads to food lodgment. Teeth decay due to prolonged food trapping. If a tooth not removed at an early stage needs treatment in that tooth also.
4) Improper cleaning: it is very difficult to maintain cleaning around wisdom teeth as toothbrushes won’t reach the back area of the mouth. This is the reason it gets decayed easily. If the tooth is not accessible, it is better to remove the tooth as a grossly decayed tooth is sometimes difficult to remove.
5) Impacted tooth: impacted teeth are those which do not emerge into the mouth but submerged inside the bone and gums. It’s not visible in the mouth. Impacted teeth cause pain and swelling in certain cases. Also, there are chances of formation of cyst or tumor in rare cases around impacted teeth. Cyst and tumor can damage roots and bone if not get treated at earlier stage.
3) Why you need to visit dentist:
● Pain and swelling ● Gums inflammation ● Cheek bite or tongue bite ● Presence of decay ● Food trapping between two molars
Wisdom teeth which are properly positioned inside the mouth and not causing any problem no need to remove that. If you are having any of the above symptoms, you can visit the dentist for a checkup and x-ray.
Sometimes with the minor gums trimming and antibiotics coverage issues can be resolved. Extraction or removal of the problematic wisdom tooth is a permanent solution to solve the issue.
Get your consultation today at US Dental to make the right decision about wisdom teeth.
Looking for A Dentist for A Painless Wisdom Teeth Removal Process?
US Dental Clinic in Ahmedabad, Gujarat is a world-class dental treatment provider pioneered by American trained and licensed dentists and dental implant surgeon. With state-of-the-art dental & implant centre, US Dental provides the best wisdom teeth removal process and dental care to all the patients ensuring a great dental treatment experience.