A Brilliant way to add a Sparkle to your Smile and stand out in the crowd is teeth jewellery. A new craze is sweeping across the world, to be really glamorous, unique, and fashionable, decorate your teeth with top-quality tooth jewellery.
A Dentist can fix a jewel on the tooth surface. It is a temporary, painless procedure and does not invoice any invasive treatment on the tooth. The jewel does not damage the tissues of the tooth and it has no side effects, expects for the increased of your smile! This is the new oral fashion statement.
Tooth jewellery can be fixed without the involvement of any equipment and there is no chance of getting the teeth damaged with the new techniques. The procedures takes less than five minutes. Sparkles that match colour of one’s dress can be fixed on the tooth using an adhesive or tooth cement.
Types of tooth jewellery:
Tooth jewellery is available in different colours and shape like, crystal clear, sapphire blue, ruby red and is of two sizes – 1.8mm, 2.6mm.
Bonding of Tooth Jewellery:-
- The tooth is first cleaned with a fluoride – free polishing paste, dried and isolated.
- To increase the surface area for bonding it is etched for 20 to 30 seconds.
- The surface is thoroughly rinsed with water and blow dried.
- A light-curing bonding agents is applied and left on for a maximum of 20 seconds.
- The tooth is lightly-cured and a small amount of flow composite is applied to its surface.
- Using a jewel handler is pressed into the center of the composite.
- With the light-curing lamp the composite is cured from all sides.
The tooth jewel can be removed in the same way as an orthodontic bracket, without harming the enamel. To remove any remaining bonding material the tooth has to be polished.
Now, tooth jewellery adds sparkle to your smile. It is user friendly as it does not harm the tooth and it’s easily removable. It adds more sparkle to your smile. So, go ahead and get that Sparkling Smile.
Well, nowadays tooth jewellery are even compared with the ear studs and more and more people are turning to the dentists to learn the benefits of tooth jewellery and get to know the procedures involved in the entire process.
So, visit US Dental today & Get ready for sparkling Smile…!