Is cosmetic dentistry helpful in smile designing?
In this era, getting a perfect smile is not impossible anymore with advanced dentistry. Earlier, dentistry was restricted to some treatments only, but now dental treatments are evolved, and they are the best to get a picture-perfect smile.
We all have different alignment, shape, and shades of the teeth. Some have crowded teeth whereas some have spaced in between the teeth. For some, teeth alignment is perfect. Same way, for some, teeth are not visible while smiling or speaking. Today, the demand for whiter teeth has also increased. So, we have different treatment options to get a picture – perfect smile. The options are as below:
Get A Picture-perfect Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
● Dental Braces Dental braces are the best option to get aligned teeth, to correct the bite. That will also help in case of spacing or crowding. Dental braces have different materials like metal braces, ceramic braces, Damon braces and invisible braces. These are the before and after completing ortho treatment pictures of one of our patients.
● Invisible Braces or Clear Aligners This is the option when you are not comfortable with the braces, but you want aligned teeth to get a picture-perfect smile. It is a transparent tray which is made up of special material. And that you must wear at least for 22 hours in a day.
● Dental Fillings Broken teeth can be repaired with tooth colored dental filling material like composite. It is an economical option if you do not want to spend more money to repair the broken teeth or decayed teeth. Here we have one patient’s picture where we have done two front teeth two teeth fillings.
● Compomers Compomers are the layer of resin-based material whereas veneers are the porcelain. This is the nicest treatment option if you want to change the shape and shade of the teeth if you want an economical treatment to change your looks. However, Compomers may get discolored after some years and those can be stained with colored food. Such treatment can be done at the chair side in a dental clinic. Below are the pictures of patients from our clinic who wanted to have treatment as soon as possible.
● Dental Veneers This is an advanced treatment option to get a Hollywood smile! Veneers are highly polished material doctors will shave teeth from the outer side and take the measurements and will send to the lab. So, it has more esthetic value. Dental veneers are more expensive than compomers but that will surely change your looks! This is a before picture with internal stains.
The below picture is after cementation of the veneers
● Teeth Whitening We all like to have white teeth as whiter teeth can enhance your smile. Some people do not want to get dental veneers, but they just want to change the shades of the teeth. Now different kinds of materials are available in the market. We have a standard U.S.A based teeth whitening product called Phillips zoom teeth whitening. Which gives the best result with minimum side effects like sensitivity. You also can apply a home bleaching product at home if you must attend a function. You also can maintain the shade of your teeth after the teeth whitening procedure.
These are the different treatment options to get a picture-perfect smile. Your doctor will advise you which treatment is suitable for you since everyone has different size, shape, and arrangement of the teeth. In advanced dentistry, Fortunately, now you all have various options to get fit into it!