Scene @ Office, during lunch time
Employee (Suffering from Bad Breath): Hey, Hi, Whats ’up?? Seeing you after long!
Colleague struggles to survive with unpleasant smell.
Employee (after viewing his expression): Is everything okay?
Dear, are you suffering from Bad Breath? Your mouth spreads foul odours.
Employee (feeling embarrassed!!!): What’s Bad Breath? Yes, it does spread malodour. I don’t know what to do with this. I am feeling embarrassed and stressed. Please help.
You need not to worry, my friend. I was also a Bad Breath patient once.
Ohhhhh! Then what did you do to get rid of it? I thought, I am the only one who suffers from this.
No, you are not the only one, here are the Bad Breath facts-
Unpleasant smell, Oral Malodour is generally called Bad Breath. In medical term, it is known as Halitosis. As per the research,
- In world, 2.5-3.2 billion people suffers from bad breath
- 57% of bad breath sufferers also have feelings of depression
- 60% of bad breath sufferers also suffer from stress
So, rather than shaming, avoid the things that causes Bad Breath.
Top 5 reasons for Bad Breath:
Bad Breath is primarily caused by various food particles that remains in the mouth, Poor oral hygiene habits, unhealthy diet also invites bad breath. It’s a situation that makes the people embarrassed and stressed.
It has bad impact on overall health and social implication. It leads to-
- Low self esteem
- Anxiety, Stress/depression
- Feelings of embarrassment
- High turn off at workplace, social setting
One may not be aware about it as people do not say upfront to you but they gradually start avoiding you. You may lose the opportunity come to your door just because of Bad Breath.
Here are the reasons for Bad Breath-
- Poor Oral hygiene
- Avoiding brushing and Flossing keeps your mouth uncleaned. And thus, food particles remain in your mouth for longer time generating bacteria that cause dental cavities and leads to Bad Breath.
- Certain dental problems like Gum/Periodontal diseases also leads to continuous oral malodour.
- Dry mouth (Xerostomia)
- Dry mouth can occur when the glands in the mouth that make saliva are not working properly. It leads to low saliva. Saliva is loaded with oxygen that stops growth of bacteria in mouth and makes us feel fresh. If it is low, that means oxygen level is low – generates dry mouth.
- Thus, in the dry mouth level of bacteria is high and that creates Bad Breath.
- Diet and food
- Certain food like Onion, Garlic, Coffee, Certain spices etc. emit unpleasant scents and that causes bad breath.
- Such food creates acidic environment in the mouth that produces chemicals and bacteria in our mouth and it spreads Bad breath.
- Thus, avoid such unhealthy diets or use mouth freshener after consuming such food.
- Smoking / Alcohol –
Smoking is not at all good for health along with Oral Health. It creates bacteria & Chemical in mouth that leads tooth decay and tooth stain. It creates foul odours.
So, Say no to Tobacco and Alcohol.
- 90% of Bad Breath comes from a dirty tongue!!! It’s a primary reason for the creation of Bacteria.
- Back of the tongue is poorly cleansed and remains dry that generates germs and it’s the reason for Bad Breath.
So, You need not to feel embarrassed all the time. Contact US Dental now, best dental clinic in Ahmedabad
and get rid of Bad Breath problem.
Be fresh, Be Confident!
Stay tuned to know Treatment Option for Bad Breath.