Hello little ones….want to have a chocolate …go and have it and get ready for sugar wars:-)
Lets’ do some dhisum …dhisum…
This year the dental theme is named as “Sugar Wars” as eating sweets leads to tooth decay and dental cavities.
A very common misconception about their children is prevalent in all parents that the baby teeth are finally going to fall out and so the parents don’t concern much to keep the baby teeth healthy, …but this is not an ideal practice as far as Child’s dental health is concerned.
Here are some of the dental facts as provided by the dentalpatientnews.com:-
- Tooth decay in children is five times more common than asthma and 7 times than hay fever.
- It is said that Gum disease is contagious..means parents can transfer the bacteria present in their saliva through utensils, straw etc ( while tasting food before giving to their children)
- It is also said that dental cavity affects 25% faster in children of age between 2-5 years while 50% faster aged between 12-15 years.
So, what say.. these statistics brings all of us to an attention of taking care of dental health especially in kids….
Lets’.. refer to the tips given below to provide our children the best dental care in order to have healthy teeth, a healthy mind and a healthy body……..
- Twice a day brushing and flossing for at least 2 minutes (Possibly after meals) will help to keep teeth and gums healthy.
- Start using toothpaste (take pea-sized) and toothbrush at the age of 12 months or older. Change the toothbrush regularly at the intervals of every 3 months.
- Avoid putting baby to bed with milk bottle for longer period of time.
- Limit the use of ‘ training cups’ or sippy cups in small kids for longer period of time.
- Limit the use of eating sugar candies, instead make a habit of eating sugar free candies or chewing gums in children. Also limit the amount of time food spent in child’s mouth to prevent tooth caries.
- Encourage children especially kids to drink plenty of water.
- Don’t forget to schedule a Dentist appointment at least twice a year.
KIDS…. GET READY…. for SUGAR WARS….we have above great weapons to fight and win over the battle….and do visit your friend Dr. Dentist @ US Dental regularly …Smile Always as we says…SMILE BEGINS WHEN HEALING BEGINS…